Friday, November 14, 2008

Sleep-Talking

Last night, I decided to stay up and read my new book after Daniel went to sleep. After sufficient reading, I turned off the light. All of a sudden Daniel said, "That's a lot of nails."
Confused, I asked, "What?"
"That's a lot of nails," he repeated.
Realizing that he was asleep, I decided to give myself some entertainment and play along. "That is a lot of nails," I agreed. "What are you going to do with them?"
"They're for the toilet paper roll holder thingy," he matter-of-factly stated.
"I know that, but what are you going to do with the extras?"
"I dunno."
"You could use them to hang up the rest of the pictures."
"Hm." And all of a sudden he rolled away from me in what appeared to be frustration. Naturally, I began to giggle. I asked him if he was awake, he replied that he was, and we had the following conversation:
"Do you remember what we were just talking about?" I asked.
"Yeah, shadows."
"No." (suppressed laughter)
"Yes, there were lots of shadows because of the leftovers."
"You are so not awake."
"I am. Wide awake."
"No, you're not."
"Uh-huh."
"Ok. We'll talk about this in the morning."
"Yes, we will." And so I went to bed giggling to myself and thoroughly enjoying my night's mischief.

2 comments:

Marie said...

That's pretty funny! I love that you guys have a blog! The best part is the list in the corner of all the things Daniel has lost...! :)

Jenn said...

That makes me laugh!!
muah