Sunday, November 22, 2009

Poo-splosion in Our Bed

The wonders of parenting have begun. A couple nights ago, I had just finished a 2:30 am feeding with our beautiful baby girl, Juliet, when I noticed her dirty diaper. No problem, I thought, the feeding had gone quickly and well. A dirty diaper was not going to stand in my way. As I was changing the diaper, I noticed a particularly dangerous expression on my dear daughter's lovely face: the poop face. It looks something like this:



I dove to cover her with one of the two diapers sitting there on the bed, but, alas, I was too late. Within seconds there was a foot-long stretch of projectile poo all over our bed. After washing the sheets in the bathroom sink (we don't have a washer, so we had to wait until morning for the laundromat), we were all able to get back to bed around 3:30.

I now use a GIANT changing pad when I change her diaper at night instead of assuming that the diaper underneath her bare tush will sufficiently catch any untimely secretions. Welcome to parenthood. Good thing we're fast learners.

No comments: